Sunday, November 23, 2008

Losing 7 Pounds the Hard Way

At about midnight Thursday night, I woke up with a terrible feeling in my tummy. I felt poisoned so remembering my last bout 10 years ago with a toxic chinese steamed dumpling, I got up and tried to purge myself. I continued purging every 15 minutes for the next 4 hours. Between 4:00 and 5:15 when my alarm went off I was able to sleep. I stumbled out of bed, made a detour to the bathroom and searched for my car pool's number. No number. Crap. If it had been a normal day I would have just crawled back into bed or curled up next to the toilet but I had someone waiting for me and no way to contact her. I decided if, I was going to drag myself out of bed, go across town to meet my car pool, I might as well try to go to the training.
On the way to East LA, I called J to see if he was poisoned as well. No he felt OK. Crap, so it might have been the Albacore Crisp that did it to me--I had an extra one. Or my unusual ginger allergy may have gone on steroids. I didn't have a fever so I didn't feel it was viral. What ever it was, I was in it's clutches all freaking day.
I had a bagel, it came up. I had some Sprite, it came up. I had water, ditto. After a brief nap during lunch I felt good enough to eat some ice chips and then a bit later drink some sprite. All was well. I gained a bit more confindence and tried the dessert square--no problem. I was thirsty again, ice chips and sprite were gone so I tried some Coke. One drink and all the progress I made was laid to waste. The next three hours were a nightmare. But in the end, I felt there was nothing left disgrace myself with in the car. I didn't.
I made it home, was able to get down an English Muffin and a small glass of yoghurt. I was asleep before 8 o'clock and didn't wake up until eight the next morning feeling considerably better weighting 7 pounds less than the day before. I might not have minded the trauma the day before if it was a real 7 pounds but I drank a glass of water, drank a cup of coffee and discovered that 5 of the seven pound miracously reappeared. DRAT!

No comments: