Saturday, May 1, 2010

So Very Tired


I will never have children again. The feline variety is about to do me in, I can't imagine years of being awoken at odd hours. Last night the two monsters decided that they were bored at 2:00 in the morning. They believe that 4 hours of leaving me alone is more than enough.
Recently I have gotten a water bottle. They learned fairly quickly not to hop up on the bed to get a belly rub in the wee hours. But they are now crying at night. I aim the water bottle at them but they are out of range. I lock them in the other room, they claw at the door. I lock me in the other room, they claw at the door. As my Mom says cats know that Paradise is on the other side of a closed door and they want to be on that side, until they are...
I am dreaming of going to a hotel room and getting a full nights sleep. There is a reason I never had kids...I am barely cut out to be a cat's owner much less the parent of a child.

1 comment:

JSD said...

You know, when I was 25 I couldn't imagine starting a project that would take 25 years to finish. I could barely manage doing my laundry, a mere 2 hour proposition. But I started getting the bug when I was 30, and it's not too bad if you take it day by day. Fortunately, I have a super organized wife, who is also a light sleeper. That's good because the baby could be smashing me on the head with her rattle and I wouldn't wake.