Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kicking the Credit Card Debt

Well, it is official. I have paid my last credit card payment. I am so excited, it has taken me 4 long years to get them all paid off but at last. Everything seems to be changing for me. I will move out of ghetto land on October 2nd. I get moles removed on September 30. I host my first debt free party on October 1. The next month will still be tight due to the party and moving but at last I can see some $ staying in my bank account between paychecks.
Last night I was invited to the Ladies' Club Spaghetti Dinner by our Friends of the Library Treasurer. There was an "Opportunity Drawing" for gift baskets. I bought 15 dollars in tickets which meant 45 tickets to place in bags for about 20 items. I randomly selected about 12 items doubling up on most of them. When the drawing started, they started with a Christmas Basket and called my number. I wasn't very surprised because I noticed when I put my 3 tickets in the bag there were only 2 other tickets, I had a better than 50% chance for that basket. But then they called my number again and again and again for a total of 8 items. I was really embarrassed by the end. I got a wicker picnic basket, an Italian baskets, some jewelry items, and other things. At the end someone wanted to take a photo of me because of the all the loot. What fun that was.

3 comments:

JSD said...

Thought I'd pass this along. Santa Clarita isn't too far from you...

It's about library privatization.

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/anger-as-a-private-company-takes-over-libraries/

JSD said...

Also, too. Here is a list of graphic novels that have faced being banned from libraries.

Banned graphic novels

JSD said...

Oh, I see you already know about/ranted about/participated in the Santa Clarita thing...

Is there nothing sacred enough not to be contracted out?