Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm Back, Tax oDay and Other Musings

Yesterday I got a text asking if something was up because I hadn't posted in a while. When I logged in this morning I was surprised that it has been about 6 weeks. What can I say, not much, I have been lethargic for a while. Better than I was at the end of last year but still in a bit of a rut. I think that it is because I have completed a big goal and am now somewhat goal-less or at least without a goal that I can really sink my teeth into. For a bit I tried to hang my hat on really cleaning up my eating habits and getting my health and weight in line. I outlined a plan but then I didn't fall off the wagon so much as I never seemed to have actually boarded it. It went off on it's own while I was having a QP at McDonald's. Hmmm...
I decided that I was trying to do too much at once and that my habits are in such disarray that I need baby steps to get myself down the path that I want to be on. So the first step is to incorportate at least 2 pieces of fruit in my diet each day. That seems to be going fairly well. I have missed a couple of days but for the most part, I am on target. I thought about joining Jenny Craig because I haven't been cooking and on Jenny you just have to prepare salads for you/rself. I am giving myself one more chance before I go to Jenny becuase I really want to cook--now that the roach problem has been solved (more on that later).
Roaches! Gross! A couple of weeks ago, I had several people over for dinner. Both the oven and the stove top was on. Sister was putting buns in the oven (hahaha--I tickled myself) vc';p (sasha wanted to write something here). Back to the horror show--I looked at the digital read out and I saw a roach under the panel. Then suddenly, I saw two, three, four, five, more swarm under the panel. I recoiled in disgust. Sister saw it and wished she hadn't. On Monday morning I went down to cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx`1 (Misha's contribution) the Management office and arranged for an extermination. That deserves it own recount. I have two impatient cats and I have to go pay my taxes before I head to work so I will sign off now.

No comments: