Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cat Toys

Like all mothers who spoil their kids, I have invested in a number of cat toys for the boys.
When I vacuum, I have to pick up toys around the house. I haven't been able to teach the cats to put their toys back in the box when they are finished. But I have found is that I really didn't have to spend a lot of money on their toys, they are just as happy with pieces of string, ribbon and pipe cleaners.
Here is Sasha playing with one of their pipe cleaners. A while back, I was working on a craft and had a bag of pipe cleaners sitting out. Next thing I knew the pipe cleaners were all over the floor. I picked them up wondering if I could have dropped that many but then I spied a pesky Balinese nosing round the bag and pulling them out for his brother waiting down on the floor for it to fall.
Something that the boys really enjoy playing is Bug in the Rug. I found that they prefer the non-toy end of the toy and enjoy it hiding under the rug.
Here is Misha having a ball with the Bug
He spots the Bug but then he has to obliterate it.
The mat was originally bought as a mat for their food bowls but I realized right away that the mat was much more to them than something to hold their bowls. It is a magic mat that has no limit to what it can do in the imagination.
But their favorite treat are their catnip mice.
About once a week, I load up the mice' bellies with fresh catnip, boy oh boy do they love their mice. This is Sasha with his.
And this is Misha with his.
And here is their first mouse which usually Sasha takes as his. I'll probably have to invest in another one soon.

No comments: