Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Really Want to Be an Optimist but...

They are really making it hard! In approximately 104 more days I will no longer have to listen to President Bush talking. I wonder how he feels knowing that he took a perfectly working country and in a mere 8 years he and his people have run it into the ground. He is going to leave the office with the lowest approval rating of any president. Even Hoover in the midst of the Depression had better ratings. Currently Bush has a 22% approval rating. That mean if you get five people together 4 of them are not happy with Bush. That is a lot of negativity floating around.
I woke up this morning thinking, I really should not be adding any more negativity out there in the world. I will only think happy thoughts. I took a nice long 15 minute hot shower filling my mind with relaxing positive thoughts. I never take 15 minutes showers, I don't have the patience. But this morning I did. I enjoyed my coffee and read my book. Then I got in my car to take take timesheets to our regional office. On the radio, the Dow is down and no one has seen anything like this since ever. I switch the radio to my University of Northridge radio station, but it was off the air--I'm thinking budget cuts here. I turned off the radio and found my happy place again. I went to the bank and Bush was on TV--happy place no where in sight. I left and realized it is stinking hot outside. Feels like the end of the world. So much for not adding negativity today.
But on the positive side, I still have a job. I am in love with my new doctor because she order the tests I want the first time I asked. And I just went through three really great days of training. After feeling like I went from front row student to back seat bad kid in trainings and meetings, it was fantastic to receive outstanding training. So focus on the positive and let the world sort it self out. I think long showers are going to have become de rigour.

No comments: