Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday, Sunday...

I have been restlessly unmotivated lately. I keep trying to latch on to stuff that I hope will pull me out of this rather extended funk. I want to make the most of this clean bill of health that I have been given. I need to find a new way of doing things. Drag myself out of my self-imposed rut.
Yesterday, I went to confession at St. Clair's, the first time in about 11 years. I was in Hiroshima. I became Catholic at 18, so confession is very awkward for me. But I want to make more connections with myself and my community, so I figured going back to church would probably be a pretty good start.
I wasn't sure how the Confession would go, I mean if I took the time to recount every misstep in the last 11 years I would still be there right now on about year 6. As it turned out I was pretty much able to sum up the last 11 years in about 2 minutes without resorting to "I've been bad, very very bad." Confession over and done with, I took my camera to Sam's Club to print some photos.
So, this morning I woke up, made coffee, called mom and started working on the first of two photo projects that I am putting together. First the digital frame. I loaded some photos on it several weeks ago, but realized that the frame cut off some of the photos which annoyed me. To fix this I decided to load the photos into a power point presentation and change them into jpegs. Here is a sample of what I did...


I surfed the net for images and quotes that inspire me and culled through the photos I have on my computer to put together a presentation for my digital photo frame. I was pretty impressed with the result.
This morning, I worked on the digital frame project, almost talked myself out of going to church, talked myself back into going to the 9:30 mass, arrived at the church at about 9:25 to find out the 9:30 mass is at 9:00. Went home, continued to work on my project until the 11:00 mass, came back home at noon, finished the project, hoped in my car to go to work from 1:00 to 5:00.
At five I got home and straightened my apartment. I wish my apartment would learn to pick up after itself. I tell you, I am the only one that does anything around here.
After tidying up a bit, I fixed dinner and poured myself a glass of Cab/Sauv as pictured below

After my tasty dinner, I decided to embark on my other art/photo project. Several weeks ago, I bought some pictures at Ikea for less than $2 each. Once I got them home I discovered that they were pictures and not simply frames which required pulling out very long staples to disassemble them. I put on my thinking cap and decided that I could glue fabric onto the backing to cover up the pictures, then I could glue on bullnose clips and hang some of the photos I took this summer. The real challenge to this project actually turned out to be procuring the bullnose clips. First I had to figure out what they were actually called, then I went to every office supply store imaginable to find the right sized clips without magnets. In the end I prevailed at Office Depot in Sylmar.
Here is the end result of my project. I am pretty proud of the installation if I say so myself.


All and all, this has been a good Sunday and I guess a good start to the week ahead. I have my Librarian IV exam on Wednesday afternoon, I could use a good start.

No comments: