Tuesday, September 15, 2009

This is why I hate...

Get anything done to my car. I go in for one thing and then there is a gazillion other things that need to be done. Ok, so I admit if I were more regular about getting things done, I might not have a gazillion things to do but that is not my point. My point is that I know that I needed a new set of rear tires. I go to Sam's Club to see if they had any that would fit my car, they didn't but in the mean time the guy tells me I probably need new shocks. Great! Then I go to the the garage down the street to talk to them. They have tires that I need but I am also told that I need an alignment. The guy asks if it has been more than 6 months since the last alignment. Hmmm, yes, I would say never falls into the the more than 6 months category. So we come to a deal, it will be about 20 minutes and he will call me.
I get a call about 20 minutes later. Because my reception is soooo bad--AT&T are not my "I Love This Company" list at all. More bars in more places--but not anywhere I need to talk. Anyway, I run down to the shop and am told that yes, I do need new shocks, that is $119 and look at this brake "It is missing a piece"--OK so that explains the squeal when I back up. That would be $50 each so total--$250. Not today I tell him, next payday, I know where some of my $ are going. Just what I always wanted for my birthday, new shocks and brakes. Plus, I still need to get 2 other new tires. So here I am waiting for a phone call that should come in about 40 minutes. I love how 20 minutes became an hour and a half. Yes, that makes me happy. My schedule is blown now, I am looking at $500 more in car stuff.
But since I will probably start commuting again next month, I need to make sure that my car is OK, so that raise I will probably get for a promotion that I am most likely to get, will go for gas. Probably won't even cover the gas. Joy and happiness. But we do what we have to do and I can't say no to a promotion, soon enough my lease will be up (in March) and I will be able to move if I want. I am lucky that I don't have a mortgage and am fixed with all the moving around I have been doing since I got here. I have been told by my supervisor that I will be at this library for a while. Yeah, right that is what she said the last time. But I think I might, I can't go much higher. Honestly, there is only one more step before you become an Administrator. Please, off on the 4th floor for a while, thank you very much.

No comments: