Monday, July 11, 2011

Can't Believe It Has Been So Long

We are in the midst of Summer Reading which is one of our busier times of the year. I have been co-subbing for the Teen Summer Reading Programs. So far we have done African Masks, Tin Can Lanterns, Retro Stuffies, and Yoga and Smoothies x 2. We have a core group of teens that are waiting at the door when we get started. K-chan won't be back until the fall--and I sincerely hope she misses adult conversations by that time and feels that she can part from the twins for 10 hours a day.
I will be losing my Ref Librarian sometime in the near future. He has interviewed for a Manager position and it seems that they are only waiting for other things to fall in place before announcements are made. C has been a real asset to me. But he is ready to go and he will do well. I have raised him well.
I told my supervisor that they need to get me another good one and I would be pleased to train them up for promotion as well. We will see how far that goes. With the hiring freeze, I don't know what they will be able to do.
I don't quite know why I have been avoiding writing on this. I guess, I have just been another funk. Will I ever get out of them? I found out that I really am allergic to cats. I have been telling my mom for years that I thought I might be, because everytime I go visit I feel like the fur is bothering me. I went to the eye doctor and he said that my eyes were extremely angry. He showed me the handy dandy visuals of what a normal eye looks like and then pointed to what mine looked like. Hmmm. Not good. So I am taking eye drops in the morning.
I decided that the reason I was having such a big interaction when I went to the eye doctor was because I have had the apartment closed up with the AC on and I haven't vacuumed in a while. So yesterday I spent all day cleaning up cat hair. While I was getting all the hair off the bed--one of their favorite hang outs, I felt like a bunch of sand had been thrown into my eyes--confirmation for the theory. I swear I got an entire small trash bag full of hair out of the place. Right now I have the balcony door open. As a result my eyes look less angry today. But I will be using the drops for a while, I think.
Must go vacuum again before I have to get ready for work. I am obsessed now!!

No comments: