Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sick Kitty Again

At 6:00 this morning Misha woke me up meowing. He usually nuzzles me with a loud purr. No purr just insistent meowing. I got out of bed and stepped in diarrhea. "Oh, no Sasha." I run to the bathroom, pull off my pajama bottoms which got soiled, grab some Kleenexes, clean up the mess, then back to the bathroom for the pet stain remover all the time calling Sasha. I pull on shorts--with images of finding s very ill Sasha running through my head and feeling the need to be decent when I run out of the apartment to the emergency clinic.
I run to the living room, no Sasha. Misha is under the chair looking very worried. I am not sure if it was worry for Sasha or worry that his human mom was suddenly acting like a maniac. I go back into the bedroom and under their window stool, I find Sasha acting very quiet. We sit with each other for a bit and then he gets a cramp and low rider runs into the living room. Not much with this one. Seems like he emptied his system. I spray pet stain remover on the new spot, go back and clean the stuff before.
I get out his pipe cleaner and notice that he is perky enough to play. I decide to go on the Internet to see what I should do. This isn't the first time on the Internet with this for him. I run through my head and remember that he ate some cheese the other night--maybe that was the problem. Well, I didn't really give him the cheese as much as he took the cheese. I stopped giving them cheese after the first bout because I suspected that his tummy could no longer handle the lactose. So it seems that this also might have been the case. At any rate, the Internet says that if the diarrhea lasts for more than 24 hours then take him to the vet.
So far over an hour without incident. I can only hope that I don't have shell out another God knows how much. Sasha tells me to say that he is fine now and there is no need to get the carrier out, needles, prods or anything else. He just needs his tummy rubbed, ears scratched and a little bit more playtime with the pipe cleaner, that's all.

No comments: