Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Summer Solstice

I love summer and the long long days and I love daylight savings time. I was really glad to finally come back to the mainland where there is daylight savings time. In Japan and Hawaii, I always wanted summer nights to last just a bit longer. And I really didn't appreciate the sun streaming into my window at 4:00 in the morning in Japan. I feel that those hours could have been much better spent.
When I was in Moscow after the Trans-Siberian train ride, we went to the Moscow circus and came out after 10:00--we were so amazed that it was still light outside and didn't have to worry about finding our way through unknown Moscow streets back to our hotel. Then when I went to Estonia, Urmas came over to the apartment one evening to take me sightseeing. I asked if we could see much at 10:30 at night and he just laughed. We had a wonderful time driving around the countryside checking out all the sights. It didn't get dark until well after midnight.
Enjoy the day and think about me as I still try to organize my apartment after the move.

No comments: