Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Paying for Men...

...to move me, that is. I have signed a lease and hired movers to move down the hill. I am happy that I will be able to walk to work. Yeah! I have never been much of a commuter. But the drawbacks are that I will have to pay $400 more a month in rent and actually all my stuff. I can only afford to hire the movers for 3 hours--an hour and a half of that will be drive time--so I will need to move most of the stuff on my own.

Oh, how I miss the big strapping military boys that moved me and C in Hawaii. Sadly, after years of having lots of men in my life, I have dwindled down to have absolutely none. I miss them on more than one level but right now I am thinking about that sofa, and fridge that I have to get moved. Librarianship is unfortunately not a career that screams "great job for men here". But we can't base our careers on the demographics of the likelyhood to meet men--but then again, maybe this is where I have gone wrong.

In the mean time, my bedroom is filled with boxes and I will start bringing stuff down next week to store in my office for a few days. Oh, the days when I was able to pack my belongings into two suitcases and boxes and go. Those are long gone as I have becomed attached to eating at tables and sleeping on beds as well as lounging on the sofa.

No comments: