Tuesday, July 29, 2008

LA Rock n' Rolls in the AM

About 11:45 I was helping a customer in the copy room. I felt a bit of a bump and notice the copy kiosk shake by the time I processed "Was that an earthquake?" another much stonger wave answered my question. The rolling stopped about 10-15 seconds. I asked the assistant to call our regional office while I went on the PA system to ask people to please duck under a table in the event an aftershock occurred.
We were given instructions to evacuate the building to check for damage. There was none and ten minutes later everything was back to business as usual but I had several reports to fill out.
I really don't like natural disasters. I have experienced a big tornado, big flood, big typhoon, several smalled earthquakes and to tell the truth none of them were any fun. Natural disasters bad and very low on the fun index. Although, I do have to admit a minor typhoon is kind of fun.

1 comment:

Carolyn Abrahams said...

Glad to hear you (and the rest of SoCal) are okay.