Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Own Personal Sex in the City Plan




I'll Be Hanging Out in Canyon Country for a while longer. Apartment hunting really got me down, so I decided "Hey I don't have to move." I don't mind the commute, I have so much going on with opening the new library and I am just plain tired. The only thing I really don't like is Mr. Drug Dealer downstairs and his posse. But we have co-existed for almost a year now so I guess, I can put up with it for six more months.
In October, I finish paying off all my credit cards. Then I will be in a better position to rent a place that I really like and won't have to wheel and deal with the likes of Jerry the Apartment Guy. So once I formulated this plan, I felt so much better.
I have also decided to do a little Sex in the City-esque thing as well. Actually, I thought it up way before Sex in the City aired the idea [Season 6, Episode 83 A Woman's Right to Shoes]but since the series made it famous, I won't protest too much if people think that it wasn't my own original idea. But Some people get married, some people have babies, some people buy a house. I have celebrated in all these life-events for other people for years gladly and happily. I have bought countless wedding, baby, and house warming gifts for friends and family. Now, I have decided, it is my turn. Seeing as my male prospects are cavernously dark, I don't foresee wedding vows anytime in the near future and quite possibly never. I have never wanted to have kids and the option to change my mind continues to slim into eventual non-existance. Although, the nester in me sometimes thinks it would be nice to own, when I stop to consider how much that thought terrifies me, I quickly list all the advantages of renting. I am not the settling sort. I am part gypsy and wanderer. The life events that other people celebrate are not mine. So I have decided to make a landmark occassion on one of those things that many American never see--the end of CREDIT CARD DEBT. It has been long in coming but the light is at the end of the tunnel and I want to celebrate. I want everyone to celebrate this life event with me, too. So I will take this opportunity to send out invitations, plan a big shindig, and shine with my accomplishment. So expect your invitation in the mail, with details on my Gift Registery. I promise, I will not add Manolo Blanik's to the list as Carrie did. Rather expect to see Target, Willam Sonoma and Macy's.

No comments: