Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Freezing Your Eggs

Yep, I went and did it. I froze my eggs--6 of them. I was surprised to see what they look like when they are frozen. They looked all kind of cracked and not so pretty. I decided that once they were frozen they probably wouldn't be any good--so I threw them away. Chances are they weren't fertilized so it didn't really matter.
I can get more. This time I won't freeze them.
Here is the story. P came over for breakfast to grab the bag he left at my apartment in October. After coffee it was time for breakfast. P took his bag, my futon, Japanese blanket a couple of sweatshirts and towels out to his truck (Hawaii people are generally not prepared for cold weather)while I rummaged through the fridge for breakfast stuff. When he returned, I informed him that we had to go to McDonald's for breakfast. He looked at me questioningly so I had to explain that I wanted to make scrambled eggs. He said "I like scrambled eggs." "Yes," I agreed and continued with "But, when I couldn't find my eggs in the fridge I thought I would look in the freezer to see what was in there for breakfast. That was when I discovered the egg carton in the freezer with frozen eggs." P exclaimed "You froze your eggs?" Yes, I did and showed him the carton of cracked eggs. We both agreed that eggs probably didn't freeze very well and were no longer usable. At any rate it was clear that they would not thaw in the next few minutes so it was to McDonald's that we went for breakfast.
Ladies, I recommend leaving the eggs out of the freezer. Use them while they are still fresh and you won't go wrong. Trust me on this.

No comments: