Monday, December 22, 2008

Omigod

That is what I uttered this morning when I decided to step on my bathroom scale which is located in the kitchen. Technically I guess it would be called a kitchen scale.
After over a week of potlucks, Reyes Family tamales, gift bags of candy, cookies, cakes and everything else left on break table and my own indulgences I have reached saturation point and now weigh more than I have literally ever weighted. So it is time to drag those resolutions out and put them into action.
I read an article in LA Yoga about resolutions that was kind of neat. It talked about re-solving and doing re-solutions. I never thought of it that way. If I had lost the extra 50 pounds this year, I wouldn't have to re-solve the bloody problem. If I had actually logged 25 miles a week, ditto. So obviously my past solutions weren't very effective. It is time for me to search for a new way of solving the old dilemmas of weight, exercise, diet, finances, etc.
What can I do differently this year? I haven't gotten it worked out completely but I think that the focus is going to be on reducing my stress and beating myself up constantly with should, could, would haves.
So here is the mantra I am going to live by this next year. It goes like this: Remember: Living a life of joy without undue stress is vital. In all I do focus on making myself a better me but also take time to enjoy being me. Find a time to move but also a time to still myself. Be happy in my skin by shedding bonds of stress and neagativity. Always live without regret and the past modals (should, could, would haves). How's that. I will let everyone know how this works out.
In the mean time good luck with finding your own re-solutions and re-solving.

No comments: