Thursday, October 30, 2014

Concerned

As I search for the path forward, I realize that my place in not here.  I see a peer forced into retirement, administrators shuffled around like a failed cabinet, and realized that lessons learned by me during the LDP were not learned by others.  I had a difficult meeting yesterday but overall I would determine that it was successful.  The objectives I set out for myself were met. Regretfully, the assumptions that I had hoped could be chalked up to unnecessary worry were instead confirmed.  Changes sometimes retain the status quo.  I learned a lot yesterday and was able to get what I wanted out of the meeting but it was a challenge.  It is difficult to find a way for the other side to hear when it doesn't want to listen.  And even though I believe that I was heard, I do not know if the message will be reflected on in a constructive way.

Today, this photo from Chaco Canyon resonates with me.  I see myself metaphorically where I stood to take this photo of the sacred space of Casa Bonito.  I am approaching the doorway, I am not there yet and I cannot clearly see what is next but I am ready to proceed.

No comments: