Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Sun



One day during the Leadership Development Program (LDP) we spent about 20 minutes out of the classroom and on the beach--the only day we were at the beach--quietly taking in our surroundings.  When we return to the classroom, we were then tasked with choosing an object that we had observed during our meditation and then relate that object to ourselves.  I chose the sun.


  • Power over life.  I too have tremendous power over my life and depending on how I use that power I can either grow myself and others so that we thrive or we can wilt and wither
  • Strength--similar to power but in this case I want to remind myself like the sun I can be strong
  • Focused--by maintaining my focus I can move forward
  • Shining--by shining a light on my strengths and weaknesses, I can build the one and minimize the other
  • Routine--the sun comes up and goes down, seasons change with predictable regularity with out the routine there would be no life.  And so only through routine can I effect changes on myself.  

I also want to add that when the sun is covered up for an extended period of time the quality of life is effected.  In this manner as well, if I walk around with dark clouds swirling in my head because I am not satisfied with where I am, not only is my own quality of life in doubt but the butterfly effect comes into play.  Could it be that my bad mood today results in war some place else later?  Something to ponder and at the very least a reason work on changing what I can change.

No comments: