Monday, February 16, 2009

I Need Help!



Last week, I had to wear a suit to visit my local assemblyman for work. I bought the suit last year and wore it to my Librarian III interview. It was roomy and comfortable --last year. This year, I shimmied the skirt over my hips thinking, I don't remember shimmy last year. Then the next thing I know the pocket button popped off. I can still button the top but just barely. I have to pitch a proposal to the county librarian and other execs in the coming weeks and I need to wear a suit. I don't think I will be comfortable in the one I wore last week. So I went in search of another suit--a cheap one because I don't want to have to wear that one again. I WANT IT TO A BE TOO BIG NEXT TIME!!! I found a jacket and a skirt for $10 each on the bargain basement racks--thank goodness.
So I started thinking about my weight. It has been creeping up no matter what I try to do. Here is the fact, my metabolism is shot, I have a thyroid condition. I need to boost my metabolism and I need help with that. I weight 190 pounds. That is 30 pounds heavier than my heaviest until recently and 75 pounds heavier than my skinniest as an adult. Let me repeat that: I NEED HELP! I ran down my options, Jenny Craig--to expensive. Weight Watchers--too complicated for my poor brain. Then I found Joy's LIFE Diet. I picked the book up and bought it immediately. It is a sensible diet that has plenty of food and plenty of options. The big thing in this diet is that you give up sugar. Which since I have mostly given up Dr. Pepper, I had 3 in the past two weeks. Here is what I noticed. No Dr. Pepper, no sugar cravings. Drink Dr. Pepper and the array of break room temptations become unbearable and a McDonald lunch is just the ticket. For me at least, sugar makes me feel like crap and when I feel like crap I want fat and grease to boost those endorphins to make me feel better.
Last night I cooked J and me a meal out of the book. I made the LIFE Soup which was pretty awesome. I added Vietnamese chili sauce to perk it up. Then I made wilted spinach and a pork loin. Just the meal needed to recover from Valentine's champagne.
Today is my first official day of my diet. I also bought the Ultimate Workout Log to go along with it. So here it goes. I will be successful this time! Now I will prepare my breakfast--egg white omelet with unlimited veggies. YUM!

No comments: