Sunday, February 8, 2009

J Had a Birthday...

We went to our new favorite place--Casa Viejo--a seafood Mexican Restaurant around the corner from our apartments. We went to Casa Viejo for Superbowl Sunday last week for the first time. The shrimp cocktails were 2 for 1 so we went with that. The shrimp cocktail was amazing--it was like gazpacho with a gazillion shrimp, avacado and cucumber. Impressed, we only had to look at each other to know that we needed to come back and try other things on the menu. We left that evening filled with shrimp cocktail and about half a ton of chips and salsa.
So J's birthday was yesterday and we went to dinner at Casa Viejo to celebrate. The food was fantastic, I want to try something else next time and trust me there will be a next time. I mentioned that it was J's birthday. Out comes the mariachi sombrero and a plate of flan. I am coming back for my birthday. I took a photo with my iphone. Somehow J managed to set the photo as my screensaver. All I have to say is that it is considerably better than his New Year's Eve photo.
Since J had driven us over--it has been raining for the past 3 days--and it was his birthday, he suggested we go to Walmart to the claw machines. We get to Walmart before I realize that I left my iphone at the restaurant. Did I ever get grief for that move. Maybe because the last time we went to Walmart, I had to run back in for my wallet. Anyway, I now have a house full of claw machine prizes and J has a pink panther and a Betty Boop living in his car. I got a new pink poodle to live with the frogs and pig in my car.

3 comments:

Karen said...

So does J have an audience (besides you) when he's clawing up all the prizes at the machines?

Sapphire Lucy said...

Yes, J has an audience. When people see me holding an armful of toys, they always stop and make comments about his prowess at the clawmachine.

Carolyn Abrahams said...

did i tell you that mason loves the car-pet you bought for me in hawaii? he sleeps with him on occasion and really loves that the car-pet feels like carpet! i have you - and paul - to thank for mason's love of such a creature.